Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Day 32: Rest

All of this self-reflection can be exhausting. I feel like there are a million internal eyeballs analyzing everything I'm doing, thinking, feeling, saying, not saying, etc. This is definitely revealing a lot to me about own internal workings, but damn is it tiring!

Today being a very popular holiday, well someone eles's cultural holiday anyway...and so I shall rest.

So enjoy whatever it is you are doing today, and I will see you again tomorrow, dear reader.

Merry Non-Denominational Winter Holiday to all.

1 comment:

  1. Kalil / ...10 years laterJanuary 13, 2023 at 10:05 AM

    When I was writing this blog 10 years ago, I took this one day off in my process of learning how to rest. Now, in my reflection process 10 years later, I have taken 2 weeks off from re-reading and commenting on this blog, and I am coming back to it in the second week of January. It feels good to see how far my rest practice has come in this past 10 years. (I also have 2 young children now, though, so it's also just more chaos and less overall spaciousness, so certainly isn't a direct comparison.)

    And, I've been able to approach this HeART for Brains 10-year retrospective process with a lot of ease in how / when I read and reflect on my process from 10 years ago, which is a direct result of a significant increase in my capacity for rest. Also, I have now articulated The Sustainability Cycle, which helps me understand when I need rest, and I now understand that sustainability not only includes rest and work, but play too. It's been a loooong journey, but at least I know now!

    For the curious: The Sustainability Cycle is Resource - Output - Rest. At this time 10 years ago I only knew Output (work) and was learning about Rest. But Resourcing through Pleasure and Play was still outside of my awareness. Yay for learning to care for myself more holistically!

    ReplyDelete