Sunday, January 13, 2013

Day 51: Transformation

Transformation Game Board
Living in an intentional community with a Free Table in the lobby, I have scored lots of amazing free stuff, including dishes, clothes, tools, and art supplies. One of the best items I've ever gotten from the Free Table was the board game Transformation, which I got about a year ago. The game was invented at Findhorn, a Scottish Ecovillage in 1978. As it is described on the Findhorn Foundation website, "Transformation Game® [is] a fun and complex board game which offers a playful yet substantial way of understanding and transforming key issues in your life. It can be played [as] a tool to help solve problems, clarify important personal issues, or creatively enhance relationships."

You follow your life path on the game board while trying to find answers to a specific issue in your life that you ask at the beginning of the game. Each card you draw reveals something about the assets, challenges, and unpredictable surprises of your journey. It is just as woo-woo as it sounds/looks, and it also totally works! Today's game reminded me to focus on the progress I have made in my brain rewiring process, and reaffirmed the importance of prioritizing my physical health even while I'm working on my emotional and spiritual wellness. I have played Transformation with many different friends and we've all gotten something out of it. I highly recommend you check it out too.

1 comment:

  1. Kalil /...10 years laterJanuary 23, 2023 at 8:59 PM

    In reading this post I feel nostalgic for my time living in that intentional community. That Free Table remains one of the joys of this lifetime. So good! And that community was the most content I've felt in my living situation. I loved having a studio apartment and then a 2 bedroom with my best friend in that community, with several other of my very closest friends also living there, plus 35 other people.

    I loved being car-free and being able to bike or bus everywhere, occasionally borrowing a car from a good friend / community member as needed. I loved being part of an incredible Time Bank where I got the best shamanic massage of my life, in exchange for the time I had contributed in child care for another member. I loved all the educational and social activities happening in the community. The potlucks and open mics and teach ins and workshops and gardens. And yet, it was in the middle of a big city and the intensity on my nervous system was just too much. Even with all of that amazingness. The forces of dysregulation in my surroundings were too out of balance. In every life I've led in these soon-to-be 40 years on Earth, there have been incredible joys and pleasures and learnings and transformations, and also huge sacrifices and missing pieces and toxins. And I still yearn for the positive aspects of that community and life moment!

    ReplyDelete