Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 40: Celebrating Results

I have been working on letting go of outcomes, but do I still get to celebrate when I achieve my goals, or am I supposed to let go of that too? Perhaps at some point that is a part of the process, but it's definitely not where I am right now. I am going through my papers in preparation for moving this weekend, and discovered something I wrote in September 2010 at the Transgender Leadership Summit. It was a list of goals I wrote two years ago and two of them have already come true!  It was during a workshop with the amazing spiritual teacher Catriona Reed on fulfilling your dreams in life. I set four "wildly improbable" goals for myself that day, and I have now achieved two of the four goals in two years. I had completely forgotten about this paper, mind you, but still achieved half of the goals it listed. Many sources claim that setting intentions is an effective way to make dreams come true, and I have to say I am starting to believe it very strongly. While both of the goals that I achieved this year involved a lot of hard work on my part, it was passion work, work that I wanted to do even though I was not getting paid for most of it. And yet, even with all of the work I put in, achieving these goals feels magical. These are the goals that feel true to my heart, the goals that bring me personal joy and fulfillment. I hope that 2013 is full of many more dreams coming true, perhaps even the other two "wildly improbable" goals from my September 2010 list.

4 comments:

  1. Keep being awesome! I found tons of goals, too! Including eradicating debts and this and that. The hand of writing is a power manifesting tool. To let go and allow is an even great Law of Attraction tool. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will get paid for your calling...eventually, and then, you won't even notice.

    So Zen!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kalil/...10 years laterJanuary 13, 2023 at 9:17 PM

    It's refreshing to read this post now. These days, 10 years later, I feel myself sitting so much more in the bitterness of what has not been possible vs. the satisfaction of the goals I have gotten to fulfill. It's nice to remember that that is only one part of the story.

    The bitterness is mostly because my friend's comment from 10 years ago: "you will get paid for your calling...eventually" has mostly not come true. And this feeling of frustration and defeat at how undervalued artists and teachers and cultural workers are in our society, how underpaid we are.

    And also, I have continued to create audacious goals and fulfill a good portion of them. Yay for celebrating the wins!

    ReplyDelete