Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 7: Just Being

Sometimes I just have to get out of my head and have a dinner party.  And so it was this evening.  There is an ebb and flow to the process of reflection, and on a nice rainy day like today, an ebb felt right. I kept up my thrice daily moments of reflection because it is a new habit I am practicing, but this evening's new routine was truncated by my social plans, and that felt right.  Not avoidant, but almost celebratory.

Hopefully this ebb will make it easier to sleep. With such intense energies flowing through me all day it has been difficult to turn it all off at night when I'm trying to fall asleep.  I am hopeful that the slightly slower pace of today's emotional rewiring work will lead to a better night's sleep.

Just Being is a real challenge for me. I've always kept extremely busy and distracted myself with a million different project. Is this project one of those distractions? I don't think so, since they usually involve avoiding my emotions rather than integrating them, but in a way it does feel comforting because it is a way to Be through doing the project of being. A loophole perhaps, to help make myself feel better about the slow internal process of transformation.

4 comments:

  1. I love toe to head relaxation visualizations for help with releasing the day's work before sleep. I use them especially when the work wants to continue though bed time has come.

    I tend to use one where I envision a glowing ball of light spinning, and as it spins it moves up from my toes slowly to my head, cleansing and clearing, relaxing and releasing with each spin anything I don't need for this moment. And when I'm trying to sleep, there's a lot I'm releasing and don't need with me for that moment!

    I say that phrase, "cleansing and clearing, relaxing and releasing as it spins" to myself for each body part as I imagine it floating up slowly. Usually, I fall asleep before I make it to my head. But if not, I just start again at the toes and continue... :)

    I found a couple examples online...

    http://www.helpguide.org/mental/stress_relief_meditation_yoga_relaxation.htm

    http://phoenixtools.org/tools/bodyrelaxationtechnique.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these suggestions! I have been trying the glowing ball visualization. Sometimes I forget midway through and start wandering off, but I'm working on it. Thanks for sharing the links too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgetting is part of the practice I think. :) I often do that too... If I can remember what body part I left off on when I realize I floated away, I just keep going. Otherwise it's back to the toes!

    My ability to stay with it definitely increased over time. Also, when I first started, I committed to doing it every night to fall sleep for the first 21 days even if I was plenty tired not to need it. I think that really helped forge the pathway.

    Another piece I find helpful is imagining the glowing ball is connected through a direct steam if energy to Source, and all that's being released is 'going back to the light' so to speak. This also makes me feel more supported and like I'm doing some good work by putting all that stuff I don't need somewhere else that can make use of it by transmuting it and making it accessible to me again add pee unmuddled life force.

    Anyway, it could also help to make a recording of the guided process and play it to yourself on your phone or another device that auto hibernates when you go to sleep to keep yourself focused, at least until it starts to get easier. Many lucks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I just realized my auto correct wrote 'add pee' instead of 'as pure'. Ironically it kind of still made sense. LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete