Sunday, November 25, 2012

Day 2: Structured Connection


We are all connected to everything.
It's Day Two of my 90 days of rewiring my brain, reconnecting to my heart and soul. I figured I'd share the process I'm using so far. I have decided to reconnect to my heart three times. In the morning I remind myself of my focus for the day, I'm doing a short check-in with my body in the afternoon, then reflecting/writing in the evening.

In the mornings I remind myself of my purpose right when I wake up by choosing a small thing (Turtle Step) that I will do that day that feels scary but true to myself, and by reading a short passage from a philosophy book.  This morning I found this helped me focus on being present, and helped remind me that I am trying to connect my heart with my brain.

My favorite quote from today's reading:
"I relate, therefore I am. I partially relate, therefore I partially am." - New Self New World: Recovering Our Senses in the Twenty-first Century


If you have recommended readings or exercises or guided meditations, I'd love to hear about them.

Oh yeah, I started a twitter for this project too, you can follow the blog at @heart_brains




1 comment:

  1. Kalil / ...10 years laterNovember 25, 2022 at 9:43 PM

    10 years ago I believed structure and rigidity went hand in hand. And that focus on consistency and order got me pretty far.

    These days I think of structure and what I create for myself in relation to each moment, as it is. There are many patterns and strategies I may follow each day. This allows me to better honor my boundaries in each moment, for internal consent to be an ever-ongoing process.

    ReplyDelete