Sunday, April 14, 2013

Divine Flow

Growth by FinchFight  
This week has presented many lessons in being open to the divine flow of each day, of each present moment. I am an incredibly structured, planned, logistics-centered person, while also being extremely intuitive, flexible, and adaptive. These opposing personality traits create a dynamic tension, which can be both energizing and exhausting. This year, the year of integration, is proving to be a lesson in combining, reimagining, assessing, and adjusting these tendencies as I evaluate what works for me, and what I am ready to shed. In some ways, my attention to planning and logistics is central to all of my activist projects, artistic pursuits, and lifestyle design. On the other hand, becoming too rigid and inflexible in adjusting these plans can hold me back from experiencing the incredibly powerful presence of intuitive knowledge, the knowledge of where to be now or what to do now. When I schedule nearly every minute of my life, there is little room for the flow of synchronicity, coincidence, and magic to occur.

As I strive to come back into a balance between structure and flow, I am committing to attention, to silence, to reverence for the infinite organic living system of which I am a small part. So I have decided to purposefully develop my intuition in order to strengthen my capabilities in this area. This involves becoming much more in tune with my body, in order to use the incredible processing capabilities of my enteric brain to gather and analyze data that my cranial brain is not able to see or assess. Whether scientific explanations suit you or not, I believe that anyone can develop their intuitive capabilities and become more aware of their energetic response to various situations. I aim to consciously respond to every present moment, rather than reacting automatically or from a place of fear. As I evaluate my experiences, I can see that when I am in a place of deep presence and full body awareness, I have made some of the most creative, exciting, impactful decisions of my life. The goal for me is to let go of the need to control situations, the need to control time, the need to control outcomes. Only by letting go of my small control can I be fully responsive to each present moment in order to gently steer myself through the flow of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment